WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US IN 2019 FOR THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS OF MELISSA'S ROAD RACE!
Please "like" Melissa's Road Race FaceBook page for event info and 2019 Registration details.
PLEASE REGISTER SOON - THE 2018 MELISSA'S ROAD RACE SOLD OUT EARLY
*The Melissa's Road Race will offer Tiered Pricing based on registration spot inventory, or a registration deadline date - whichever comes first. Entries at each tier are limited and once the designated number of entry spots in the block is sold out (or the price period expires), the price will increase. Athletes who take advantage of early registration will receive the best entry rates.
- All prices are in Canadian Dollars
- 5% GST will be added to race registration purchases
- An online processing fee will be added to your online registration
- All entries are Non-Refundable*, Non-Transferable to another person, and Non-Deferrable to a future event. This also applies to a participant with an injury or illness. Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited
- *Registration Fees will be fully refundable until March 1st, 2019 (less processing fee)
- All entries include a Commemorative Technical Long Sleeve Shirt, post-race beverage and snacks, post-race festival, and great draw prizes!
- Melissa's Road Race is capped at 4500 total participants. Please enter early to avoid disappointment
- The Half Marathon event is capped at 1500 participants
- Registration will close when the participant capacity is reached
- Online registration, if not sold out, will close at 11pm (MST) Thursday, September 26, 2019
- Participants can transfer to a different event distance online for a $5.00 administration fee and difference in event price (if applicable) by September 10th, 2019. Refunds will not be given if changing to a shorter distance event
- All participants must show picture ID when picking up their race kit
- By December 31, 2019 participants must be 14 years of age to participate in the Half Marathon and 12 years of age to participate in the 10K. Participants under 18 years of age must have a statement signed by their parent or legal guardian permitting them to participate
- For safety reasons, wheelchairs, baby joggers, strollers, Burleys, and pets will NOT be permitted on the course
- Due to the unique character of Banff National Park, a wildlife interaction could occur on the race route. In such cases, the Event Organizers reserve the right to change the race route, delay the race, stop participants on the course until the situation is deemed appropriate to continue, alter the distance of the route, cancel or other measures deemed necessary as per the Event Wildlife Interaction Response Plan. The participant understands this risk and acknowledges that no refunds will be issued in this case
- The Event Organizers reserve the right to deny entries or registration changes for any reason
- The event is subject to annual renewal granted by Banff National Park
All Participants Require a Park Pass
Park passes can be purchased online through Banff & Lake Louise Tourism, at the entry gates, or visitor centres throughout the park
Purchase a Park Pass HERE
Need To Transfer To A Different Distance?
Race Bib Pick-Up
Avoid race day line-ups and pick up your race bib ahead of time.
Race Bib Pick-Up Times & Locations - TBA
Note: Event participant shirts for all participants are distributed on race morning on site
What You Need for Race Bib Pick-Up
You will need photo ID to pick up your Race Bib at any of the locations.
Picking Up Race Bibs for Other Participants
You are permitted to pick up Race Bibs for other participants provided you are in the event yourself and are picking up your race bib at the same time. You will be required to sign a proxy form stating that you have permission to pick up the race bib and that the race bib will be given only to the intended registrant.
Selling or Giving your Race Bib to Someone Else
Selling your race bib, or having another person use your bib in the event is strictly prohibited. This act may seem good intentioned but has many negative implications to the organizers and participants including liability, timing, results, awards and many other factors. Race bibs will only be given out to those who have registered for the event. If a registrant sells or gives away their race bib to another participant, they will not be allowed to participate in future events.