10K ROUTE MAP
MELISSA'S 10K ROUTE DESCRIPTION:
- Start on Sundance Road (self-seeded start).
- Immediate left onto Cave Avenue.
- Left onto Banff Avenue (cross over the bridge).
- Right onto Wolf Street, Eastbound lane (runner’s right).
- Left onto Otter Street/Tunnel Mtn Rd., Northbound lane (runner’s right).
- Right onto Tunnel Mountain Drive (by Buffalo Mountain Lodge & Douglas Fir Resort). Runner’s right until North Parks Canada gate.
- Follow Tunnel Mountain Drive around onto Buffalo Street.
- On Buffalo Street, runners stay on left side of road (Southbound lane).
- Left onto the footpath at Muskrat Street
- Follow the foot path, under the Banff Avenue bridge around to the canoe docks, Loop right onto Bow Avenue
- Proceed along Bow Avenue (Southbound)
- Left at Buffalo Street, Westbound lane (runner’s right).
- Runners will be directed onto the sidewalk at the corner of Lynx/Bear & Buffalo.
- Runners will turn right (South) onto Banff Ave and stay on the West (right hand)
- sidewalk as they cross Banff Avenue bridge.
- Right at Cave Avenue (runner’s right).
- Take immediate first right at Birch Avenue.
- Right onto the dirt trail by the bike park, go past the skate board park
- Turn left immediately after the skateboard park onto the grass to access the dirt path by the ball diamond.
- Follow the dirt pat over to the run track at the rugby field turning left onto the track and proceed to the finish line.
10K CONTINGENCY ROUTE MAP
MELISSA'S 10K CONTINGENCY ROUTE DESCRIPTION:
- Start on Sundance. Immediate left onto Cave Ave.
- Left onto Banff Ave and cross the Banff Avenue Bridge, proceed to Moose Street
- Right onto Moose Street continue uphill to St. Julien Road. Follow the curve in the road, proceeding right.
- Continue along St. Julien Road and, around the Banff Centre. Enter into the left hand lane of Buffalo Street to the left hand footpath entrance at Muskrat Street.
- Right onto the footpath and follow the footpath, under the Banff Avenue Bridge, past the canoe docks and around the large loop behind the Banff Mineral Springs Hospital
- Enter onto Bow Avenue. Turn left at the intersection of Buffalo and Bow Ave.
- Pylons, tape and volunteers will direct runners through the top portion of Central Park onto the Banff Ave sidewalk in front of the Banff Park Museum. Runners will cross the Banff Avenue Bridge utilizing the sidewalk.
- Right at Cave Avenue. Continue along Cave Avenue to the entrance to the Cave and Basin. Volunteers will direct runners to do a loop of the Cave and Basin parking lot.
- At the exit of the paved parking lot, runners will be directed to veer left onto the footpath running alongside Cave Ave.
- Runners will continue along the footpath to Sundance Road. Turn right onto Sundance Road and continue to the entrance to the cinder track to the finish line.
- At the top of St Julien Road by the Banff Centre.
- At the intersection of Muskrat and Buffalo Streets.
- At the intersection of Bow Ave and Buffalo Street.
- At the finish line
- At water station #1
- Central Park close to water station #3.
NOTE: This is the backup route only in the event that Parks Canada deems the portion of the 10K event that takes place on Tunnel Mountain Drive is not available.